Worst Job in the World: A Thanksgiving PoemNov 15, 2023
- Working for a nonprofit is the worst job in the world
- I believe that with all my heart and you’ll never be able to convince me that
- It’s a worthy career path to follow
- In the big scheme of things, when you look at the work and the reward, you’ll soon discover that
- It often feels like a never-ending job
- Even if
- Positive community change happens because of your nonprofit’s mission
- It’s useless and that helper’s high disappears all too quickly
- So don’t trust anyone who tells you that
- Hard work pays off
- A happy life and a fulfilling life calling are acquired
- Only for one in a million
- It’s not true that happiness at work exists
- Your big, do-good, helping heart
- Conflicts with
- This mindset
- “There’s really nothing you can do to change things”
- That’s why you’ll never read one of my blogs that says
- Nonprofit work is a worthy and commendable profession.
Now read it, from bottom to top, line 20 through line 1, to see how I really feel about this amazing profession we get to enjoy! Sometimes you just have to flip something upside down to see it in a different way. It's all a matter of perspective.
It's Thanksgiving, let's remember how many people are thankful for the work you do because their lives will forever be changed for good.
Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃
All My Best,
dawn brown creative, llc.
P.S. Fundraising is hard, even though you make it look
oh-so easy! ♥
Frideas--Friday ideas are filled with
info and inspo!
Want to participate in some Knowledge Generosity,
here's your opportunity!
What do you do with an idea? You change the world!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news, updates, and ideas for days!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
I seriously hate SPAM, like for real.
So, I promise to never sell your information, for any reason.